Tuesday, January 25, 2011

About Me

Hey everyone, my name is Rachel. I'm a senior English major here at Ship. I'm originally from State College, PA but have lived in Mechanicsburg for quite some time now. Most of my interests and hobbies somehow revolve around music. I am pretty much always listening to something on my iPod (and yes, I really will listen to pretty much anything). My favorite song/band/genre to listen to all depends on the day and the type of mood I'm in at the time. Along with listening to music, I play the guitar, and am attempting to teach myself how to play the drums and piano. I like watching movies or random shows on tv or hanging out with my friends. I'll even admit to enjoying reading and writing, but it has become harder to enjoy given that it has become my life as an English major. I'm a Summer person, and absolutely HATE the cold and snow that come with Winter. I'm in an improvisational comedy group on campus (think "Whose Line is it Anyway?"). I only really like to watch two sports, baseball and hockey. I'm a huge Yankees and Hershey Bears fan. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to have you in class again Rachel! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate winter too and I think it is awesome that you are teaching yourself how to play the drums and piano! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a summer person as well! I can't wait for all this snow to go away. I wish I could learn how to play the guitar, or any instrument for that matter! That's really cool you are teaching yourself how to play the drums and piano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be good at improvisational comedy, that kind of stuff is really hard to pull off but its great when you do. My friend is an english major and can I can easily say that I probably wouldn't want to be one (no offense), I'm just not the literary type. For this class I'll try to be one though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I am a Bears fan too, I actually work for the entertainment division at Hershey, and i am at the Giant Center frequently. I enjoy the summer more then the winter too, although I do not mind a snow storm once a winter, but after that I am ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool you play the guitar! I am about to start taking lessons! I am from Mechanicsburg too, I actually went to Mechanicsburg High School. I also love the Yankees!

    ReplyDelete